Tim Corcoran was recommended to me as a podcast guest long before I even had a podcast. Tim, and his wife Jeannine, started Twin Eagles Wilderness School - a type of place that seems like it came straight out of a dream from a couple of visionary people. This is part 1 of a 2 part podcast. Tim has a really interesting story and you can tell that he's done his best to mine as much wisdom from it as possible. Check it out and don't miss part 2 where Jeanine and a couple teens from camp pitch in to help tell the story, coming soon!
· “We must initiate the boys or they will burn the village down.” African Proverb
· “We are all connected.”
· “A man not living his vision is not living at all.”
· 2 min - Tim talks about growing up in South Bend, Indiana and his childhood there. Being a fireball.
· 4 min – Where is all this headed? What do I have to look forward to?
· 8 min – Tim talks about being sensitive as a child and feeling things deeper.
· 9 min – Tim realized that society wasn’t designed for people to really understand and live a purposeful and meaningful life.
· 10 min – Knowing something vs being able to articulate it. The compass of the heart.
· 13 min – The birth of consciousness that occurs during adolescence and why it requires initiation.
· 15 min – Playing chicken with the train, gangs, sex, etc. as a self-created initiated.
· 19 min – How a divorce can force an adolescent into independence. The shadow side of drugs and alcohol and how it can limit presence. Awakening due to psychedelics.
· 21 min – Key mentor in Tim’s life – Intro to Shamanism.
· 26 min – Common death bed regrets. How a near-death experience drove Tim to help find his deepest purpose and taught him how to live.
· 30 min – Tim’s experience moving to a Navajo reservation the day after college graduation.
· 35 min – How Tim landed a job on the reservation and connected deeply with the culture.
· 40 min – Being acknowledged by the Navajo elders and people. Direct vs indirect communication. Being torn between love and his dream.
· 46 min – Being vs Doing. The obsession with doing that our world has gone crazy with. Universal teaching of need to balance both of these.
· 50 min – Choosing love and moving to be with the women, who became his wife, Jeannine.
· 52 min – Permanent Agriculture – Tim + Jeannine’s attempt at a Permaculture community.
· 56 min – Connecting with the archetype of provider, being disconnected from basic human needs.
· 59 min – Tim and Jean deciding to go to Tracker School in New Jersey.
Links to follow up on his work: