Five Things that I learned in this podcast:
· By naming a sensation, we take on all of the connotations of that name. Sometimes it’s better to breathe through a sensation than to name it.
· To heal yourself is to heal the world.
· We are the oscillation between Spirit and Matter. We are where Heaven and Earth meet.
· Body language and word choice is an external expression of your internal self.
· "If you’re taking longer than you thought you would, you’re probably on the right path." - Taoism
· 2 minutes - Zerin’s religious upbringing. Taking inspiration with Bruce Lee.
· 6 minutes – Zerin talks about being sensitive and empathetic as a kid and dealing with anger through martial arts and golf.
· 10 minutes – Feeling aggression without letting it become reactive in the form of anger. Maintaining control through meditation, breathing.
· 14 minutes – The relation between the individual and the tree of life. The part and the whole.
· 16 minutes – Zerin’s Muay Thai fight in Las Vegas. Zerin’s lower back pain and how it encouraged him to transition from lifting to real health.
· 19 minutes – Talking about rhythm between day/night, the four seasons, mini-seasons in each season, etc. and how it all relates to a song.
· 23 minutes – Adding intention to what you do. Stool analogy. Why ritual is so important to me.
· 26 minutes – Zerin’s experience with University – playing golf on scholarship, business and communication.
· 30 minutes – Zerin talks about his mecca to Peru to do an Ayahuasca Ceremony at SpiritQuest. Healing yourself IS healing the world. The unity of the internal and external world.
· 34 minutes – Logos and Eros as the two foundational principal energies that make up the universe. People that focus on raising their consciousness end up becoming unrooted.
· 38 minutes – Being overly optimistic is more harmful than benficial. Realism is the middle way.
· 40 minutes – The foundation of Xpand is helping people find where they truly are, their foundation, using mindfulness and sensation. Zerin’s trip to Asia and his 10-day silent retreat.
· 46 minutes – On the Warrior’s Path – Danielli Bolleli. Zerin recommends this book to the audience.
· 49 minutes – Synchronicity that I had with Blaine regarding two book, Ishmael and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
· 51 minutes – Zerin explains what his business Xpand and how it is attempting to evolve consciousness as a whole.
· 57 minutes – Anything that bridges between the physical and metaphysical is a Chakaruna “Bridge.”
Links to follow up on his work:
· Instagram: @xpandyourself
Support the Podcast on Patreon: